The University Women's Association (Singapore), UWAS, was inaugurated in August1996 and is the Singapore chapter of the Graduate Women International, GWI (Former International Federation of University Women, IFUW) since 1994. In 2003, UWAS was voted with approved change in status from its associate status to national status with the National Federation of Associations (NFA) with full rights and obligations. UWAS is also the 40th affiliate of the
Singapore Council of Women's Organisations (SCWO), the national women's council of Singapore. The council is the main coordinating body with a total membership of approximately 94,000, drawn from all walks of life. Members range from homeworkers to businesswomen and professionals.
UWAS's mission aligns with those of its GWI (Former IFUW) affiliates. These are:
UWAS is committed to:
- To advocate for the improvement of the status of women and girls
- To promote lifelong education
- To enable graduate women to use their expertise to effect change
- women's education to influence and benefit society;
- the right of women and girls to education in order to reach their full potential;
- the recognition and protection of human rights;
- the promotion of peace, justice and equality;
- the development of international understanding, co-operation and friendship
- a global voice for women graduates in international policy-making settings
- a study and action programme with a common theme chosen by the membership;
- study grants open to members;
- international conferences, workshops and seminars;
- programmes and projects to assist women and girls;
- networks linking members from different countries with common interests.
Read it here.
UWAS is financed mainly by the membership subscription fees of its members and also by the monetary contributions of people who wish to support the work of UWAS. Grants for special projects are occasionally provided by external agencies.
Donations to projects and to UWAS in general can be made either by bank draft or personal
cheque mailed to UWAS' mailing address, by VISA Credit Card, or bank transfer to UWAS. Please contact
email@example.com for details.
| HOT Events
UWAS AGM 2018
Date: Saturday 21 April 2018
Time: 2.30 -5.00 pm
- 2.30—Registration and Refreshments; Membership dues
- 3.00 — AGM
- Confirmation of minutes of last AGM
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Any Other Business
- Question & Answer Session
Venue: Training Room 2, SCWO @ 96, Waterloo Street, Singapore 187967
The AGM report will be distributed at the meeting.
Please attend the AGM. We will be discussing various items including the UWAS Programme for 2018— 2020.
Your attendance is very important — we would appreciate your presence, suggestions and your support to carry out our work successfully.
Please confirm your attendance immediately with Honorary Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 18 April 2018.
UWAS AGM 2018 Notification
|Publications 2018-24:||Allen Chen
Click the below links for more information
You are visitor number 197496